26 April 2013

Tinto Hill

On Tintock tap, there is a mist,
And in that mist, there is a kist, 
And in that kist, there is a cup, 
And in that cup, there is a drap. 
Tak' up that cup, and drink that drap, 
that's in yon kist, on Tintock tap! 
I went on another hillwalk today, up Tinto hill, with a 360° view of pouring rain all around the hill, but my Scottish guide and I were walking in sunshine. Once back in the car it started to hail, we went to a pub in Peebles - pub no. 3, and my favourite kind: an old men's pub, or as they say here, a spit'n sawdust pub - and had our post-hike pint. I was coerced into voting for Scottish independence should I be eligible to vote at next year's referendum, and educated about the poor intelligence and hereditary diseases of the royal family. Everyday is a school day.



Tinto hill in the clouds


Muirburn




My Scottish company and tour guide

Glittery path


South-east view


Huge cairn on top of Tinto

Glasgow and the Highlands


Tinto hill

Tinto Hill

Tinto Hill

Up Tinto Hill from car park and back down again.

3 comments:

  1. NOOOOO, don't tell me they have convinced you to vote for the Scottish independence??!! PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Guinness and black...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes? But you will still get when Scotland remains part of the UK.:-)

    ReplyDelete