14 March 2014

Saving the World (Scotland) - Day 5

Happy Pi Day everyone! If it wasn't for my lent diet I would totally stuff my face with all kinds of pie right now. So thank you Jesus or whoever invented dieting. After my first week of full-time employment and three out of five work nights out I am looking forward to having some alone time with my flat, to be spent in the kitchen.

I am glad to report that my first week ended with drinks as it should have. The other interns organised a pub night which offered me the chance to chat with everyone about their experiences. Everyone else started a month earlier than me because they didn't have to deal with the FBI like I did, and it turns out that starting later has its benefits as they know a little bit more than me and thus can be helpful while still understanding my struggles.

Also, the one internship post that I originally wanted most but didn't get turns out to be rubbish, and the person who did get it was close to tears of frustration. So I'm very glad that I ended up where I did, which is the Natural Resources Division, working on delivering policy on the Scottish land use strategy and the biodiversity strategy. Basically making sure that we can all see many butterflies.

3 comments:

  1. I just love your writing. Glad your first week went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you continue saving the world??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on it. It's a big job!

    ReplyDelete